Jr. Bloomsday Is Back April 20th, 2019!
Save the date and act fast: Registration opens February 1st and space is limited to the first 3,000 kids to register.
The Lilac Bloomsday Association decided the time was right to re-launch the iconic and wildly popular children's race from the 1980s and 1990s. Youth running has exploded in the Spokane area thanks to tremendous efforts by the Active4Youth cross country program in area elementary schools and Bloomsday's own Fit For Bloomsday program. This spring, more than 7,000 kids will participate in the Fit For Bloomsday Program.
Here are all the details you need to know about Jr. Bloomsday:
Jr. Bloomsday is open to kids in the 3rd through 7th grade.
- Date: Saturday April 20, 2019
- Time: 9:00 AM
- Location: Avista Stadium (home of the Spokane Indians) at the Spokane Interstate Fairgrounds
- Distance: 1.25 miles
- Race Course: Runners will start and finish the race at Avista Stadium. The kids will actually finish inside the ballpark right near home plate! Thank you, Spokane Indians!
- Cost: $20.00 -- includes finisher t-shirt and souvenir bracelet. *A portion of the proceeds for Jr. Bloomsday will be donated to Active4Youth
- Entry: Registration opens February 1st and is limited to the first 3,000 kids. Registration closes when 3,000 kids have registered. Don't delay or you will miss out on the fun! Click here to register
- Finisher T-shirt: Just like our world famous 12k, each finisher will receive a t-shirt, the design and color of which will remain secret until race day.
- Race Format: Kids will be escorted to the start line and will begin their races every few minutes (wave start). Once each child finishes, they will then be escorted by Jr. Bloomsday chaperones to the Silverwood Theme Park Reunion Zone where they will be reunited with their cheering families.
- Timed Race: Each participant will be chip timed and will receive a finishing time. Results will be available immediately following the race.
- Volunteer: If you would like to volunteer for Jr. Bloomsday please contact volunteer coordinator, Isaac Hawkins, here.
Visit www.bloomsdayrun.org for more details!
Don't delay - Register today - Sign-up begins February 1st! Space limited to the first 3,000 kids!
Jr. Bloomsday is proudly presented by The Children’s Choice Pediatric Dentistry, with two locations in Spokane to serve you: South Hill (418 East 30th) and Northside (9711 North Nevada St.). For your child's dentistry needs, visit the great team at The Children’s Choice Pediatric Dentistry today!
Jr. Bloomsday will benefit the Active4Youth program in Spokane County. Active4Youth is a non-profit charity whose mission is to combat childhood obesity through the introduction of sports like running. Formed by Mike and Heidi Bresson in 2003, Active4Youth brought back after-school running programs to Spokane elementary schools when those activities were cut due to budget shortfalls. Understanding the need to encourage youth exercise to combat obesity and delinquency, the Active4Youth charity was created to promote youth running throughout the Spokane region. Today, more than 6,000 kids participate in the fall Active4Youth cross country programs in the greater Spokane region. It is widely considered to be one of the best after-school activities in the state if not the country. You can help promote Active4Youth through your son or daughter's participation in Jr. Bloomsday. When registering, please consider a donation to Active4Youth so that this popular program can continue to serve Spokane's youth. Each year, the Lilac Bloomsday Association donates $13,000 to support Active4Youth and the incredible things it does for our community. We look forward to supporting Active4Youth on a much larger scale through your involvement with Jr. Bloomsday. Together, all of us can make a difference for Spokane youth. [learn more]
Planning on Running the Lilac Bloomsday Run in May? Exclusive Bloomsday training programs brought to you by RunDoyen! For those of you planning on running Bloomsday on May 5th, we've partnered with RunDoyen to offer five different levels of Bloomsday Training Plans built by their World-Class Running Coaches! No matter what your goal is, their expert coaches have the perfect plan to help you train leading up to race day. Get started by choosing which level of plan best matches your ability and goals.